Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Gottes wort ist felsenfest! Sicher

Well, yesterday was slightly traumatising, not only was there our second day of no gas(and hence, no cooking, hot shower, doing dishes...or hot chocolate...or even rice!) and the crazy yaounde ants seemed to develop into giant superants in the night and were climbing all over the kitchen, but there was also the constant reminder of how it was my last day of teenager-hood. Yes, there is now no more meaningful singing of the song teenage dirtbag for me.







Another decade was almost stolen from me...Before class, aunt margaret had all the children sing happy birthday to me and proclaimed it was a special birthday getting to the big zero. At this, a mum promptly whispers to me, "oh, so's that you thirty now?" ...

It's been grand so far, pressies and cards from kids and staff, happy birthday in five languages, going to annettes for dinner tonight. And lunch was aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamazing. properly amazing. Not least after having stale rolls for dinner for the past two days.

However, Katherine seems to have adopted a strange habit of sticking cocktail sticks with pieces of paper on them in things, and calling them candles... here's her version encased in a plaster of paris egg...just what i wanted.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dish said...

think you can handle the beetles in white street now? Bet they're nothing in comparison!

4:15 pm

 
Blogger michie said...

I've been fine witht the white street beetle army since the weekend i gutted out my room.But the spiders here jump, though kat doesn't believe me. I saw the cooooooooolest bug ever yesterday, like a yellow and black big grasshopper, and it jumped soooooooo high. Was amzing.

1:23 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home