Saturday, March 21, 2009

Deadlines mean one thing...

So... I need a first draft of my masters thesis in by Monday. And with a beautiful Sunday standing between now and that, I pretty much need to get it done today. And due to our presentations (<-read mauling) being this week and general disorgantisation/poor communication of the masters stuff in general, we're not so near to completion as we perhaps should be. So obviously, it's reached that time of day where I've gone a wander upstairs for a cup of tea and lacking in other forms of procrastination due to nobody else being in the physics department at the weekend, it's time to blog!

Things that I've appreciated today:
  • 1am climbing a random hill on Loch Long to go star gazing. Had a look at the route with Google Maps Steet View . Can't settle on how I'd describe it-amazing/ridiculous/wierd/ useful! In any case, I'm actually beginning to enjoy the wee micra...!
  • Sun! (maybe summer in geneva wouldn't be as bad as i think if it's sunny...)
  • Lunch and reading in Botanics
  • My mug. I painted a picture of a Dalek on it. Though it is a little bit embarrassing sitting next to the group leader at coffee with his mug which has clearly been hand painted by his child when I have mine which I did myself...
  • WinEdt surprising me by being more useful than TeXnicCentre
  • Finding my old msn message logs which contained lots of helpful suggestions from my superviser about my project which I'd thought I'd lost.
  • The realisation that the Kelvin building is pretty empty on sunny saturdays, and could possibly be fun to roller-blade around... ;)
  • Seeds of Change organic black chocolate with hazelnuts and walnuts- tastes of amazingness!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Want to try out the rollerblading? I'm up for it if you can get me in...

5:11 pm

 
Blogger Dish said...

so everytime there's a deadline we can expect a blogpost from you?

8:30 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home